Sunday, August 25, 2013

2 weeks in....

Hello hello hello!

So, it has officially been two weeks since we have made the change to the Paleo lifestyle. And things are going great!!! Cody has lost 11lbs in the two weeks, and I have lost 8lbs. We had to both make a come back from the Zio's we had last weekend- Cody had gained 5lbs back, and I had gained 4lbs.... FROM ONE MEAL!!!! That is pasta and cheese for ya! Insanity! But we are still going strong and loving our new found lifestyle. We both enjoy cooking so much more than we did before, especially experimenting with new food, ways of preparing, and spices/marinades!!!

Yesterday, I did have another "cheat" moment...not day, because it did not ruin the whole day for me. I went to a friend's baby shower. I had a small sandwich with turkey on a roll, a small piece of cheese, and olive oil mayo on it. I also had some strawberries and grapes, two deviled eggs, and a piece of delicious cake (that my sister made, by the way :) it was a hit!) Just because of one meal being out of the guidelines, does not mean that everything is ruined. I know I have said this before, but yes, you can go super hardcore and never "cheat" or treat yourself to something different. And yes, you will lose weight more quickly if you are not backtracking every weekend. But, on the same token, if this is going to be a permanent lifestyle change, then why drive yourself crazy over it?  I gained a whole 1lbs from that little baby shower meal. No biggie my mind. I am not planning on doing something like this every weekend, either. I allow myself treats here and there, at parties, holidays, special occasions, so on and so forth. I do try to choose well, if there are options to do so, but besides that, I let myself enjoy the event. Just because of my goal to feel and look better on my wedding day, I think I am going to be slightly more strict when it comes to those types of situations, but again, I'm not going to be super hardcore... for now. If my goals with my fitness change, like I foresee them doing, then yes I will probably go 100%.

I guess my whole point with this is to find the best balance for you. And decide what your goals are, and adjust your eating habits to that. But let's be honest, I can't resist my sister's cake, and I am definitely going to enjoy myself on my honeymoon... especially if it is all inclusive :)

Anyhoo, what else has happened this week.... I have had a few friends that are definitely considering or have already started trying out Paleo!!! Very happy for them and excited for their journey! But no hard feelings if it doesn't work out for them... its NOT for everybody, that is for sure. All I know is how Cody and I have benefited. We both feel so much better, we can tell our bodies are handling this way better, and we are losing weight. Over the weekend, 4 people have freaked out at how much Cody has lost. I am thinking he has lost more inches than weight, because everyone is saying that he looks like the Cody from 3 1/2 years ago, when he first moved to Kansas City to be with me. And, he got carded today for liquor. He looks so young!!! Probably doesn't help that he shaved off his beard, but still! LOL

Okay, time for an easy recipe that was a hit tonight at my mom's house.

Quick Green Beans!!!

2 cans of french cut green beans
2 tablespoons of olive oil
garlic powder
pepper
sea salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse the green beans. Pour them into a baking dish, and pour the olive oil on them, as well as sprinkling the garlic powder, pepper and sea salt over them. I do it by sight, and I just make sure there is a light dusting of all three over the beans. You can really play with the amount of olive oil as well... I really just drizzle a bit over it. Then, work it all around with a spoon until all of the beans are even covered. Add more of less of each item to taste! Bake for 30 minutes.

Easy, yummy, and plenty for a few meals. Done and done. Be sure to cover and refrigerate. This is a very common recipe, this is just how I go about making them myself.

Welp, that's all I have for tonight ladies and gents.  I hope that every one has a great week, and that the weekend comes quickly!!!

My motto:



1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today through a good friend, and I'm enjoying it! I haven't done green beans in the oven, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete